5wti – now delivering Approved NORCAT Working at Heights (WAH) training.
It’s Official – NORCAT Partnership!
5th Wheel Training Institute has signed an Agreement with NORCAT to deliver its certified WAH course to students registered in our programs. This course is certified by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and marks the first collaboration with our NORCAT partnership.
- Since April 1, 2015, WAH courses must be approved by the Ministry of Labour.
- Only certified courses qualify workers to work at heights on construction projects.
- Workers must be recertified every 3 years.
Students registered in our programs will receive this new certification.
- Certified training program that qualifies graduates to WORK AT HEIGHTS
- Theory and practical training
- Certificate issued jointly by NORCAT and 5WTI
- Registration of training with the Ministry of Labour
- Certificate from the Ministry of Labour (mailed)
Who is NORCAT?
- Northern Centre for Advanced Technology
- Founded in 1995
- World class training and development programs
- Serves mining, manufacturing, oil/gas, healthcare and construction sectors
- Offers training programs for supervisors, productivity, health and safety
- Known for its expertise in productivity, innovation and life-long learning
Which programs will include Working At Heights?
- Truck Driver: AZ -PTDI Certified and Heavy Equipment Certification: 4-piece
- Truck Driver: DZ and Heavy-Equipment Certification: 8-piece
- Heavy Equipment Certification: 8-piece and Mechanic’s Assistant
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 7-piece
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 6-piece
- Mechanic’s Assistant